Advanced Dual-Biocide for Maximum Protection
Biocop TF was developed as an alternative to tin-based antifouling paints to protect against the harshest marine environments and provide maximum protection. A new dual-biocide technology and revolutionary polymer binder system “PL3” produces an engineered biocide that leaves no harmful effects on the environment. Biocop TF is considered the top performer among antifouling paints and is safe in salt or fresh water on boats of all sizes.
- Maximum protection available
- Advanced dual-biocide PL3 release technology
- Harder self-polishing boosted ablative antifoulant for longer life
- Multi-Season performance
- Performs in fresh or saltwater
- Approved for vessels of all sizes
- Lloyd’s Register certified
BIOCOP TF Pint – Use as a Slime Reducing Additive for Copper-Based Antifouling
Added to our ablative and hard modified epoxy copper-based antifouling paints offers a wide variety of dual-biocide options.
BIOCOP TF Slime-Reducing Additive FAQs
1. How much BIOCOP TF additive can be added to a gallon of antifouling paint?
Answer: One pint of BIOCOP TF per gallon is the optimum ratio.
2. What is the correct way to blend the BIOCOP TF additive into a gallon of paint?
Answer: Both the Biocop TF additive and the copper-based paint you are adding it to need to be mixed first on a shaker and then added to a separate container large enough to accommodate 1.125 gallons (gallon + pint) and stirred by hand until uniform.
3. Will there be a color change to my bottom paint if BIOCOP TF additive is added?
Answer: BIOCOP TF additive comes in Gray, Red, Blue and Black. If your antifouling paint is not Red, Blue or Black, use the Gray which, in most cases, will only slightly lighten your antifouling color because it is a neutral shade of gray. When the entire hull is painted, the color difference is virtually indistinguishable.
4. Can the paint be thinned after the BIOCOP TF additive has been added?
Answer: Yes, the entire mixture can be thinned up to 10% using Sea Hawk 2033 or 2035 Reducers if necessary as increased viscosity may occur in warm weather.
5. What is the window for application after adding the BIOCOP TF additive to antifoulant paint?
Answer: The window of application is 12 hours maximum. However it is recommended to mix and apply immediately for optimum results.
6. Will the antifouling thickness requirements change when adding BIOCOP TF additive?
Answer: No. Follow the thickness requirements for the antifouling as stated on label and TDS. All TDS sheets are available on the Sea Hawk website at: www.SeaHawkPaints.com
7. Is it recommended to use the BIOCOP TF additive in all coats of antifouling being applied to the boat hull?
Answer: Yes, adding BIOCOP TF to all coats of antifouling paint application ensures uniform antifouling agent release over time as your bottom paint wears with use.
Sea Hawk Racing Finish Overview – Biocop TF and Cukote (download PDF file now!)
Exceptional racing finish paints AND superior antifouling protection.
The colors of Black, Light Blue, and Red are normally stocked in our Mexico Marine warehouse for immediate delivery. Other colors are available with advance planning by special order.
Biocop TF ™
For detailed technical information about this product please download the documents listed below:
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS Sheet) and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) covers regulatory information including physical data, hazardous ingredients list, safety precautions, storage, handling, spill and disposal procedures, and other important safety information.
Technical Data Sheet (Tech Sheet) contains detailed product information, including application specifications and guidelines.
- SDS Sheet
- Technical Data Sheet
- Application Guidelines
- Compatibility Chart
All Technical Data sheets may be found on the Seahawk Paint website at this link: https://www.seahawkpaints.com/sdss-tdss/